17 February 2010

Grandma's records

I've had the opportunity to have some of my grandmother's samoan genealogy records. In all my excitement I've stayed up late many nights going over her records. I'm just so amazed at all she accomplished maybe in future blogs I will share some of her information.
Still the words go through my mind, "What was she thinking as she wrote this and recorded this entry? Did she have a system?" I wish my grandma had kept a journal of how she kept her genealogy. Why she wrote what she did.
As I go through her records I am so grateful to know my heritage through her record keeping it has been a great example for me to carry on!
Even though grandma did a lot of genealogy I've come to realize that she was not done and let much work undone!!! Maybe she wants me to carry on? Indeed I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment