13 May 2010

Family photos

Talofa,

My Uncle let me borrow his scanner for a week. I've been scanning all of my dad's old photo's he got from his mother. So day and night I have been scanning and scanning!! This took me a week but its all done. I've been wanting to scan them, since they are torn and bent. These photos have been with my grandma Mataniu for so long when she passed away, my dad received them. 

During my scans I'd come across an old black and white photo. I'd ask my dad and he would go into the history of the people in the photo. I'm so amazed how a single photo tells so much in a person(s) life.

I haven't counted how many photos I've scanned, all I know is I have 40 full folders on my computer of photos. I can't wait till, me and my father go through them and talk of the genealogy and stories that go along with them.


Click on the link below to see more old photos on our Face Book page.
Facebook link to Samoan Genealogy Group


No comments:

Post a Comment