04 January 2011

Samoan Wrestling Family Tree

My nephews love wrestling so when I visited them one day they were watching it on TV. I said to them, "Eh, those wrestlers look Samoan?" They replied, "Oh, Auntie, you have to watch wrestling more."
I laughed when they told me that. BUT---I was curious about those Samoan wrestlers and who is their family. My nephews told me they are a tag team, named "The Usos" and that these two wrestlers are twin brothers that come from a Wrestling Family Tree. I said, "Wrestling Family Tree?" My nephews proudly showed me their hand drawn family tree, which I thought was cool.
Some of their family names on this tree are Maivia, Anoa'i, Fatu and Johnson.
As we looked over the names in this family tree one name was familiar in my genealogy the name Amituana'i. I have an Amituana'i in my records being born in 1600 - 1728. This name took me on a search in my records of this Amituana'i name.
Amituana'i parents are Toomata/Sumane Seigafo
Amituana'i wives       1.Tinaitaala Tuitoga
                                  2.Faaautatanu Tago
                                  3.Tuvaiotai Laumatiamanu
                                  4.Seutaifaletiu
                                  5.Aaone Pula
This name Amituana'i is in my family line through the marriage of Tinaitaala Tuitonga.
AmiTuana'i Anoa'i on the wrestling chart must have this name handed down in his genealogy. It is not the one I am referring to above.
My nephews were so excited at what we discovered about this Amituana'i name as well as them doing genealogy even though it was all about wrestling.

Wrestling Family Tree http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anoa%27i_family
(scroll down to see tree)
Samoan Dynasty http://www.wildsamoan.com/samoandynasty.htm
Pictures of the Wrestling Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment