18 February 2012

Search Engine DuckDuckGo

A search on a website led me to this Search Engine called DuckDuckGo . It’s probably been around for awhile but it’s the first I’ve seen of it. In my first few moments on this search engine I have come across sites I haven’t seen before.

Wikipedia says, “DuckDuckGo is a search engine that is based in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania and uses information from crowd-sourced sites (like Wikipedia) with the aim of augmenting traditional results and improving relevance. The search engine philosophy emphasizes privacy and does not record user information."

DuckDuckGo has been featured in Time Magazine, PC Mag, CNN, Wired and is About.com’s 2011 Search Reader’s Choice Award.  DuckDuckGo was founded by Gabriel Weinberg.

If their are no more results for your search. Other options of search words appear you might want to use or on another search engine.

Check out the site and try it out. Leave a comment if it worked for you or not.
Searches I tried: Samoa, Samoan Genealogy, Vital records Samoa, input your surnames,

http://duckduckgo.com/

One result I got was a picture of my grandparents. Teila Opapo Fonoimoana and Mataniu Apiolefaga Tuia.

A MONUMENTAL picture I found on this search engine was a picture of my grandpa Teila smiling. My dad doesn't have many pictures of him smiling so this was a real treat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment