28 February 2012

Excited for the 1940 Release!

 "ON APRIL 2, 2012NARA will provide access to the images of the 1940 United States Federal Census for the first time. Unlike previous census years, images of the 1940 U.S. Federal Census will be made available as free digital images. Upon its release, the 1940 U.S. Census Community Project, a joint initiative between Archives.com, FamilySearch, findmypast.com, and other leading genealogy organizations, will coordinate efforts to provide quick access to these digital images and immediately start indexing these records to make them searchable online with free and open access." From the NARA site








33 more days till the 1940 Census will be released. I am so excited! Some families that I am looking for are Fonoimoana, Afualo, Nainoa and Kalehuawehe. The last two names are my Hawaiian side. These are just a handful of the families that I am looking for. Areas of interest for me- Hawaii and California. I've already signed up for indexing!! If you haven't here is the link to do so.

Here is a link to FAQ of the 1940 Census

No comments:

Post a Comment