22 March 2012

1940 US Census around the corner!!!

Four years ago, I came across a blog that said FamilySearch was seeking indexing help for Hawai'i records. Since I have Samoan family from Hawaii. I wanted to help.  My first experience indexing was great! There was lots of help on the indexing screens that when I was done and submitted my batch, I wanted to do another one. It felt good know to that I was helping my family and others.
From the FamilySearch index program there are two collections for Samoa
and depending on where your ancestors traveled or lived there are other collections to view all for free.
Just take 5 minutes out of your day to help index it makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE for you and others. 

As the 1940 US Census is just around the corner, just by doing a Practice Indexing Simulation of the 1940 US Census and you will have a chance to win a VISA Gift Card. Rules and registration information here. 


Fa'afetai lava (Thank you very much)


Photo is apart of the Wayne A. Forde Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment