08 August 2012

Guess what? It’s been online for awhile!!


This past week August 2-4, I highlighted my Tuia family reunion on my SGG blog. Prior to the reunion the family asked not to share the genealogy to keep it in the family. (More about this in another post.)

Now, I’m not sure if any of my family members read my blog. The reunion was for the families of  Tupua Mailei Tuia who married 5 wives (I come from the fourth wife.). I posted his genealogy on my blog. I also shared that I got Tupua Mailei’s line from my grandma’s genealogy records. My family members may not like me sharing my grandma’s genealogy online.

But maybe they don’t know THAT my grandma’s genealogy records have been online for awhile!! From the early 1950‘s to the 1990‘s my grandma started doing LDS (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) temple work for the genealogy she gathered.  All of the genealogy is online at FamilySearch.org and Newfamilysearch.org. Adding to this are the oral genealogy interviews where my grandma recites her genealogy that can be found at Community Trees.

So, I hope that my family understands that I mean no disrespect to the genealogy that my grandma gathered. That all I've shared is public knowledge. I only want to find my families and at the same time help others by sharing resources that may help them find their families too.
My grandma inspired me to start my own genealogy record that has turned into a passion and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment