11 September 2012

Remembering 9-11


In Memory of September 11th



September 11, 2001 I was at work. I worked at a retail store and was catching up on my projects.  A co worker comes running in the back receiving room where I was working and screamed, "The towers!" She said, "Come, come quickly!!" We ran with her to home entertainment and changed the channel on one TV display. I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw the twin towers in smoke. People running through the streets in terror. I was trembling as I thought of all the people in those towers and in the surrounding areas. I remembering seeing the second plane hit one of the twin towers. Tears filled as my eyes as I saw the horror on people's faces.
My parents and family lived close by my work. I called all of them to see how they were doing. They were fine yet so sad and worried at the events that unfolded.
I almost left work that day to go home. I couldn't stop trembling. I couldn't concentrate on my work. I couldn't sleep for many nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment