10 November 2012

University of Auckland Library Photos

I spent most of my evening on the University of Auckland Library website. I poked around on the site and put my search in as "Samoa". Over 3,000 results showed up. I believe you cannot access the online books unless you are enrolled as a student. I tried  to access them.
Oh well, no luck.
I scrolled down to the "Format" section of jpeg.  There are over 2,000 jpegs.



I clicked on "jp2"







This was my first result. I clicked on "View online" and the photo appeared in a box below the result larger to view better. You can even zoom in on any part of the photo.

It was great to see old photos of Samoan places, events and more. I thought about all the photos of Samoan people that have no names. Their families may not even know that this photo of their ancestor exists.
Their is a lot of great information on this site, even better to access it if you are in Auckland. But if you are on the mainland like I am. Then you are limited to what you can view and access.

Take some time and have a look at the photos. Tell me what you found, what you liked, if a photo stood out for you. Post it in the comments below or on the SGG Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment