17 January 2013

Soldiers of the Pacific




I came across this site that I wanted to share on the SGG blog. Soldiers from the Pacific web site honours and records the service of Pacific Islanders who served in the New Zealand Army in World War One.

This site has: details of training, Campaign History, Awards, and Casualties of soldiers from: Gilbert & Ellis (Kiribati), Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, Norfolk, Niue and Fiji. The collection of photos can be found by clicking on ‘Faces & Stories’ and ‘Officials Records’ share some selections from their archive.

In my genealogy research I have not come across an ancestor who fought in the New Zealand Army in World War One. It’s a great site that I wanted to share with you folks if you didn’t know about it already. If you do have an ancestor who fought in this war. I’d love to hear about it. Send an email, post on this page or on the SGG Facebook page.

They issue an invitation, “If you have photos, letters, diaries or any other record that can bring their stories to life then we can help each other put that into a greater context.”
Contact howard@soldiersfromthepacific.com

Here are a few links:


No comments:

Post a Comment