06 April 2013

Anyone know where to get a Kramer Book?

I've receive a lot emails on where to purchase the book The Samoa Islands: Vol 1: Constitution, Pedigrees and Traditions, by Dr. Augustine Kramer.

My grandma had a Augustine Kramer book and used this in her genealogy research. The version she had was the German/Samoan book. I remember turning the pages and seeing all the genealogy notations she made in the columns. I'm not sure what ever happened to her book. Many times I wish that I had kept tract of the book and asked grandma for it.

I did inherit my dad's copy of the Kramer book, Samoa Islands: Vol 1.


The only copies that I have found online were quite expensive some starting at $90.00 to $400.00 a book. The Google ebook is only 40.00 dollars. You do get some chapters to the view not the whole book. Not bad, if you don't mind the digital version. I prefer a hard copy book. I understand that University of Hawaii printed this book that is now out of print.

If anyone knows where to purchase a Kramer book or would like to sale their book. Please email me at samoangenealogy@gmail.com or put info in the comment box below.

Fa'afetai lava




No comments:

Post a Comment