27 February 2014

PAF to Legacy.....gettin it done!!

Since my post on February 10th I purchased the Legacy 8.0, well..... for the real reasons that my mom has been wanting the program for awhile and since my dad is now terminally ill. My mom and I both felt that Legacy 8.0 would be a good program to switch my dad's Personal Ancestral File 5.0 over to.

I have already imported his PAF and now looking at all the work he still has to do which to explain how much is........ A LOT.

One thing I did see that didn't get carried over to Legacy were my dad's PAF notes he had on family individuals. Maybe I didn't see the button, "Carry the notes over" or just plain didn't know. It's no bigeeee I can input what my dad wrote maybe do a 'copy & paste' thingy. I'm still getting familiar with Legacy so far I'm pretty happy with it.

I also bought a 1tb portable external hard drive to use for backups. I'm now looking over the pedigree and going to start taking family by family of what still needs to be done.

Whew! Lots of work ahead of me, but its okay. I know that my dad wouldn't want me to sit on this he'd want me to get it done!!!

Chhheeehooo!!

What genealogy programs are you using and what do you like about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment