10 February 2014

Rootstech - Genealogy kicked up a notch!



I thoroughly enjoyed Roostech 2014. I wasn't able to attend so I watched the streaming sessions they were great! I could just feel the genealogy/tech energy from my own home!!! I am hoping to attend 2015.

Genealogy has definitely kicked it up a notch since my grandma started back in the 1930's. She started out in pen and paper. My dad was using pen and paper then he got our first computer and he was ever inputting on Personal Ancestral File and printing and printing!!

My dad was the first of his brothers and sisters to put all of his mothers' pen and paper genealogy on a genealogy software program. My dad made cd copies of his PAF and sent one to each of his brothers and sisters. I think that's pretty neat coming from my dad, who said, "I'm not having anything to do with genealogy." He caught the bug and my mom just kept feeding the fire!!!!

Since my dad is now terminally ill and cannot speak. I know that he was not done yet in his PAF. And I know he wouldn't want me to let it sit for to long. He has unlinked families, much information to input and on and on. So, I purchased a Legacy 8.0 genealogy program and planning to import his PAF and start from there.

I wish my brothers and sisters were into genealogy. Dad has a lot to do. I hope in some future time they get the 'Genealogy Bug'.

Anyhow, getting back to Rootstech. I'm going through the syllabus and finding some great information that I hope will help me out in my research. If you haven't downloaded the syllabus yet, here is the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment