19 April 2014

Family First

Things have been busy with the care of my dad that I haven't been able to blog as much as I would like to. My dad is in stage 7 of Alzheimer's. He is in his final stage of the disease. He is being taken care of at an elderly home. I travel at least three to four times a week to visit and help care for him. My travel time is an hour each way.  My days usually start around 5am and end around 10pm or 11pm. I take care of all my dad business like talking to lawyers and doctors etc. I work and take care of my house and everything else in the middle. I'm kinda all tuckered out when I get home.

One thing I do when I visit my dad is recite his four generations. I say the names and he will nod his head up and down like he is understanding what I am saying or his eyes will be wide open when I say his grandfather's name. I enjoy every moment with him.

I post weekly on the SGG Facebook page. So, check that out weekly. I invite you to share your feelings of genealogy, sources that have helped you and tips. People have posted their genealogy inquires on the SGG Facebook page so take a look at that and help them out. I'm sure they would appreciate anything help that they get.

Thanks for liking the SGG Facebook page, visiting the SGG Twitter page and the SGG Pinterest page.


No comments:

Post a Comment